Wednesday, February 16, 2011

He Really Cares

Every once in a VERY long time I get the crafting bug. When this happens, my first instinct is to hop down to the pottery painting shop I love and release my extremely limited artistic abilities on some unsuspecting piece of clay. I must say, I love to paint! Pottery is fun because if you mess up, it's very simple to scrap the paint off and try again. Pottery is very forgiving.



This is my favorite piece I've ever done. It was only a few days old when a friend of mine dropped it. She insisted on gluing it back together and now it's PERFECT!! I love that it has so much personality!! The cracks and chips give it a life, a story of its own. So, thank you Stephanie!! :)

In preparation for my move, I have started boxing up all my things and organizing things in bins and boxes. I've been thinking about what I want to do in my house and how I want to decorate it. My mom has been extremely influential in introducing me to the blogging world and its wonderful decorating ideas. It also seems that my mother has some kind of special vision. She sees things and makes her visions come to life in ordinary pieces of fabric, wood, whatever really. She gave me these windows from my grandmother's house.



What she doesn't know is that when she comes in this weekend, it'll be our project to distress these and make them awesome wall decor for my house. :)

She does know about this project though- My goodwill find today!



I am not a frequent goodwill patron. But I have come to realize that it's cheaper to find someone else's trash and turn it into my treasure. :)

It's our plan to turn this sad little painting into a gorgeous headboard for my guest bedroom. Mom's got it in her head to mimick the ruching pattern on a bridesmaid's dress I wore recently in this frame and make it awesome. I'll keep you posted on this little sweetheart... :)

It's been a productive day so far.

While I was gathering all these projects today, I learned a little lesson that I've been thinking on all day.

God cares.

Two words that have such an incredible impact.

There are so many times when I don't stop to ask God what He thinks, because I just think, you know it's not cancer, or a car wreck, it's just a bridesmaids dress, or a flower, a date...a ______fill in the blank______. But the fact is that God really cares about everything we care about. From the biggest mountain we face, to the tiniest step we take, He is there and He cares more than anyone else.

This has been my life change moment today; being reminded that God really cares about me, my decisions, my life, my home, my family, my everything. It really feels good to know that.

2 comments: