Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Heart's Day

Happy Valentine’s Day to one and all! :)

This year my funny little honey and I decided that we’d better use our hard-earned money toward our wedding, instead of getting gifts for this greeting card holiday… ;)

So I spent the majority of my day throwing my crazy gift-giving love language into my sister’s Valentine’s day surprise.


She loved it. :)

I went off to work in the afternoon, and sitting in the carpool line, I was on the phone with Corey. He said, “I’m gonna say a word and you tell me the first thing that pops into your head.”

“Okay,” I said.

“Strawberry daiquiri.”

“CRUISE!!!!” I said, my mind immediately going to the perfect honeymoon we have planned. Knowing my love of “fruity drinks”, Corey was immensely proud of himself for purchasing the premium non-alcoholic drink package on our cruise.

We said goodbye and I picked up the kiddos and heard all about the Valentine’s Day parties and saw all the candy that will ensure their constant state of hyperness for the next two weeks. Olivia, the diva of the family, had Daisies so she didn’t come home with us. She rang the doorbell at about twenty to five and rushed in with her pretty blue Daisies vest on. We got her homework done and I called the other kids to dinner when the doorbell rang again…




He spoils me. “Did you really think I would let you go without flowers on Valentine’s day babe??” he asked me. He told me he wanted something different, and when he saw the margarita glass arrangement all he could think about was our cruise and how much fun we’re going to have. That nailed it.

“I think I did pretty good this time,” he said. “You said you didn’t want anything, but deep down I knew you did.”

And he was right.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. I Corinthians 13:4-8

Happy Love Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment