Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Momma!

On this March day in 1961, my mother was born.

On that day, no one knew that she would marry a preacher.
No one knew that she would move countless times, following her husband and his ministry and dreams.
No one suspected that she would have two pretty little girls before she was 30.
No one predicted that she would have to learn to give up holidays and birthdays with family and friends to bring the gospel to the utter most parts of the earth.
No one knew that she would dedicate herself for more than 15 years to the education of her two pretty girls.
No one understood her sacrifices then, no one understands them now.

There aren’t a whole lot of things that people know or understand about my mother. But there are in fact many things that are completely clear about her:

Everyone knows that she is the most compassionate woman many have ever known.
Everyone knows that she cares.
Everyone knows her strength knows no measure.
Everyone knows that she and hard work go hand in hand.
Everyone knows she would do anything for her two pretty girls.
Everyone knows that she is a praying woman.

Fifty years ago, many may not have known all that much about Kelley J. Dibble. But today, on her 50th birthday, there is so much to know about my mother, it would take years of learning to comprehend it all. Just ask my dad.

Happy 50th birthday, Momma. :) I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Awww. So honored. Thank you, sweetie.

    Yeah. Daddy's put up with me for thirty years now! Ha!

    1:25 am

    Is it still my birthday? I guess it's over. So the final half of my century begins. xo

    ReplyDelete