Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Day After Black Friday......

The line at Target at 5am on Black Friday was around the building. Not that I would know. My uncle took videos for me to see though. I was in my bed. Sleeping. Very soundly. Until 11:00AM. And it was wonderful. And when I woke up I walked into the kitchen and heard my grandma say, "Baby, I'm gonna start cooking right now." So I walked from the kitchen into the living room and laid down on the couch.

Life change moment: Sleeping until 11am at Grandma's.

I reminisced about the holiday that I had enjoyed with my family.

Life change moment:
Grandma: Nobody touched the cranberry salad.
Cousin Zach: Oh good, we're all normal.

Favorite moment of the day.

Black Friday continued after a breakfast of eggs, ham, hashbrowns, toast, and cinnamon rolls. My young cousins Dex and Max cleared the table which was hilarious for me to observe. I think it was just yesterday that Dex was in a walker and Max was an infant.

It also seemed that the day before this day was Thanksgiving, but according to my family Black Friday turned into Christmas. We all exchanged presents that night. Which was cool because we all know how much I like presents.

Saturday dawn bright and early with a wake-up call and a voice on the other end that said something that I don't remember. Somehow I found myself in the shower and an hour later I found myself trying to start my car in G'ma's driveway. With Corigan.

Life change moment: SURPRISE!!!!! :D Random visits from friends basically change my life. And this one was amazing.

We spent the day together running around town and having a blast doing nothing. :) Fabulously life changing. :)

Breakfast at Ihop. Walk around the mall. Chat at Starbucks. And a sad little goodbye, but a sweet little "I'll see you soon." :)

There are times when the company of friends has the ability to make the sun burst through a thunder cloud, make a smile appear on the saddest face, make flowers bloom in the middle of December. And it's wonderful. :)

So here's to friends. Random visits. Starbucks and Ihop. And perfect days in November.

1 comment: